Aim: The Sustainable Hypermarket
Blink´s assignment: develop the next generation Hypermarket for ICA, “The sustainable Hypermarket”.
ICA is one of the Nordic region’s main players in grocery retail with net sales of around SEK 126 billion and around 23,000 employees, most of them in Sweden and the Baltic region.
The aim of this concept is to reduce 50% of waste - a step change in sustainability. This is how we make it happen:
- Tech: next generation coolers, improving shelf life
- Digital: Why waste digital shelf life optimization
- Farm to table, less transport & better taste
- No plastic: replaced by recycled & non fossil
- Value: GoodShort date with reduced price
- Food craftsmanship: from scratch in-store food production
- Up-cycling: turning waste into great food again
- Sustainable design: thinking, materials and production
-Co-labs: local restaurants turn due date groceries into amazing food
-Bio compost: creating soil and gas from our food waste